Pico Automotive Diagnostic Kit
New PicoScope 4425A for active diagnostics
Our exciting new PicoBNC+™ probe connectivity, unique to PicoScope 4225A and 4425A oscilloscopes, provides you with:
- Channel status lights to show you which probes and channels to connect and their status when you load a data file or guided test
- Smart probe interfacing so that all your probe configuration takes place in the software - no more incorrect probe switch positions!
- Powered probes that are always on and ready to go - no more flat batteries, current clamp zeroing, or auto-off!
- Future-proofing of your diagnostic capabilities as we develop new probe technologies.
- Full backwards-compatibility with BNC for all your existing PicoScope or third-party probes
All our automotive PicoScopes have the features that have already helped technicians around the world with vehicle diagnostics:
- 400 M samples/second and 20 MHz bandwidth to make sure you can test the latest vehicles such as those with high-speed FlexRay or CAN-FD networks
- 12-bit (16-bit enhanced) resolution - your waveforms in high definition
- 250 M sample memory for long-duration captures; ideal when you are trying to diagnose intermittent faults
- USB 3.0 data transfer speeds and power, providing you with high performance and portability
Why do you need a PicoScope?
Could you use a scan tool instead of a labscope? No, you need both.
A scan tool only points you in the right direction, perhaps indicating a misfire on a specific cylinder, but rarely does it pinpoint a fault. For example, is the misfire caused by an ignition, injector, or a compression-related issue?
Reliance on a scan tool alone can lead you to "parts darts" where you might find yourself replacing more and more parts until the fault goes away.
Instead, a PicoScope helps you:
- Eliminate guesswork and test individual components before replacing them.
- Find troublesome intermittent faults.
- Investigate vehicle problems when there are no, multiple, or misleading fault codes.
- Diagnose charging and starting faults.
- Trace problems with actuators that are not monitored by the ECU, such as motors and injectors.
- Identify mechanical problems such as compression and slipped / incorrectly fitted timing belts.
- Prove the source of an NVH problem
- Report your objective findings back to your managers and customers
As a technician, a PicoScope brings you faster, more efficient diagnostics and a clear understanding of the vehicle’s workings.
As workshop owner, a PicoScope gives you a "fix it right" culture, with fewer parts changed on guesswork, and increased customer satisfaction, repeat business and profits.
Protecting your investment
When you purchase any diagnostic tool, you spend not only money but also time learning how best to use it. We protect that investment in three ways.
- Our products provide features that help you if you are just starting with oscilloscope diagnostics, yet but also have the power and tools demanded by experienced users.
- We do not compromise on quality or specifications - the PicoScope you buy today will remain an essential part of your diagnostic toolbox ten years from now.
- Our regular, free, software updates and new feature releases improve the capabilities of your PicoScope with time.
With all this, it is no surprise that more vehicle manufacturers and aftermarket customers choose PicoScope than any other oscilloscope.
We recommend our two and four-channel PicoScope 4225A and 4425A for general workshop use. The floating ground design, ConnectDetect® and 200 V inputs provide you with a very robust and easy-to-use scope.
If you are an experienced scope user, perhaps involved in training, vehicle design or in-depth diagnostics, the 8-channel PicoScope 4823 may be suitable. The common-ground architecture limits your maximum input voltage, so requiring a little more care when connecting these scopes.
PicoScope Automotive software
PicoScope Automotive software and oscilloscopes are optimized to work together to give you total trust in the waveforms you capture.
With PicoBNC+™ compatible devices, PicoScope software sets up your scope automatically. You can use channel, sampling and trigger controls to capture your waveform precisely as you want it.
PicoScope Automotive helps you determine your waveform characteristics with a vast range of easy to use and configurable analysis tools: